March 18th, 2014: After work motivation, what's that?

How do people find the motivation to do anything after work? I've never understood how some people still have enough energy to work out or do chores around the house when they get home from work.

I'm sitting here on the couch after putting in a load of laundry and I'm about ready to curl up in a heap and sleep right here. The wait for the laundry to dry is probably the longest hour of anyone's life. All you want to do is put that laundry away and the only thing standing in your way is the dry cycle.

I'll be honest, I'm not above leaving it in the dryer and doing it when I wake up but you never want to accept defeat so quickly.  I usually make it one load through, but if I have to do two loads of laundry that second load can forget what being folded feels like until I get some naps in.

Today when I was putting the clothes into the dryer Romana and decided she wanted to jump into our front load dryer to see what I was putting in there. She being the curious cat she is thought dryers were a place kitties should go. After the first few pieces of wet clothes where tossed in atop of her she didn't want to be in there for very long.

She has the habit to jump into things when you open them because of her curiousness. For example, the closet in the hallway is used for towels and other bathroom things that don't fit in there, and she feels compelled to jump in there the second you open it.

In fact, one day she jumped in the closet and I didn't notice so I of course shut the door, like you do. Then a little while later I hear a faint meow. Sometimes she can meow when she has forgotten where you are in the house so I simply called out where I was, but she didn't come. Eventually we found her sitting on the towels in the closet. Now she only visits the closet briefly when you open it so she doesn't get locked in, and I'm extra careful to check places when I open them.

Now I have to make sure she isn't in the dryer before I start it too. She is such a trouble maker, but she is too adorable to get mad at.


No comments:

Post a Comment